Thursday, September 6, 2012
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Listed below are some considerations that we feel Water Slide Owners should consider for the safe operation of water slides.
- Be sure that riders DO NOT ride the water slide headfirst. Head first riding can lead to submarining and contact with the pool bottom, which can cause spinal injuries, paralysis or death.
- Provide a means of positive lock off of the water slide structure.
- Water Slides should have an emergency shutoff easily accessible to the slide operators.
- Water Slides should be well lighted during evening and nighttime operations.
- No one should be allowed to use the Water Slide with metal parts such as buckets, buttons, locker pins, safety pins, or tags attached to their bathing suits, shirts, or other wearing apparel. The gel coat finish is very hard but can not withstand direct metal contact. Repeated scratching of the surface will shorten the life of the fiberglass flume sections.
- Mats are not required or recommended for use in the Water Slide because the slide surface is designed for body sliding.
- Paradise Slides waterslide equipment, by design, has an intended specific use. Lack of maintenance and/or rider usage, in a manner other than the intended use for which it was designed, can result in serious injury.
Let us build you a Paradise Slide that is Exciting, Safe & Beautiful! Escape to your backyard...Call today for your free quote!